Tom Parchman’s Lab
Research in the lab is broadly focused on the evolutionary consequences of species interactions and patterns of genomic variation associated with geographic variation, adaptive divergence, hybridization, and speciation. This research utilizes:
1) field-based studies of natural selection, species interactions, and coevolution;
2) large-scale investigations of genetic variation important to understanding population history and adaptive evolution; and
3) model-based approaches to inferring the evolutionary processes affecting genetic variation.
We conduct this research in a diverse array of systems, including natural populations of conifers, tropical Piper communities, adaptive radiations of birds, and hybridizing fish taxa.
UNR has a PhD program in Ecology, Evolution, and Conservation Biology (http://environment.unr.edu/eecb/), and the Biology Department (http://www.unr.edu/biology) has a MS program. Interested candidates should look into UNRs programs and contact me directly.
Key Web Design Elements:
- Sustainable Design Package: ‘The Fire Lookout‘ w/ ‘The Float‘
- Custom theme based on the current look of the main UNR.edu web site
- Fully Responsive Design
- Home Page Slider
- Custom Headers w/ CSS3 Title Animations
- Content Migration from previous web site
- Responsive ‘Following’ Menu
- Numerous pages
- Responsive Photo Galleries
- Content Editing Provided
Brian is an outstanding, creative, and efficient web developer that produces products that are sure to exceed the expectations of client. He takes the ideas you have in mind, applies his expertise, and adds his own creative touch to produce web pages that are stunning, intuitive to navigate, and set up for clients to easily modify if necessary. He is incredibly easy to work with, responds rapidly to feedback, and produces websites that will have longevity.
~ Thomas Parchman, Assistant Professor, Biology, UNR
Visit The Parchman Lab
Back to Back to Sustainable Web Community